“I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you, always praying with joy for all of you in my every prayer, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. I am sure of this, that He who started a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.”
As the pastor’s wife at Long Hollow I get to see a lot of the good works that the Lord is doing in our midst. I am thankful to be in a position that allows me to see life change so often. Yes, at times I see my share of sorrow and pain too but lately the Lord has been blessing my socks off! In just the last week I have gotten to experience……
- Watching six people get baptized
- Praising the Lord through awesome worship songs and from His Word
- Seeing my teenage sons attend the Man Up conference with about 2,000 others while their dad was the speaker and they still came home and said it was awesome! : ) It blesses my heart to see so many men come out and that they want to follow the Lord.
- Going to a wedding and two bridal showers where I saw young women and men desiring to start godly homes. It is encouraging to have seen some of these students grow up and to know they are not following the statistic that say they are likely to fall out of church at this age.
- Listening to stories of life change at Celebrate Recovery’s 7 year anniversary! These stories included amazing transformations of men and women becoming sober, free from addictions, and having marriages restored, etc… I also witnessed many first time people going to get their blue chips at Celebrate Recovery and begin their own journeys of life change. So exciting!!
- Hearing “God stories” from women in a leadership meeting of how God is at work.
- Prayer walking at On Our Knees with other women around the church.
All of the above has happened in the last five days. I don’t know if you are a part of what God is doing at Long Hollow but be assured that He is working! There are plenty of opportunities for you to be a part of life change such as Bible studies, prayer times and worship services. Don’t miss out on the joy that can be yours by standing on the sidelines. Be women who are involved and alert to where God is working! I look forward to the days ahead because we will reap what God is doing now. God is good and greatly to be praised!