Avoid the Summer Slump!
And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near.
Summer is a great time to relax, refresh and recharge. But it is by NO means an excuse to give up time in Scripture, prayer, and fellowship. This summer, we encourage you to allow the Holy Spirit to revive your soul. If you’re looking for a new Bible study to participate in, join a group of great ladies for brunch and Bible study, starting June 11. This group will be studying Seamless, by Angie Smith. Seamless is a study designed to help participants understand the Bible as a complete story. If you’d like more information about this group, or if you’d like to join, email Aimee Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jesus says in John 15:5-6 “I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing.” Ladies, make every effort to stay connected to our Vine this summer! Be open to the Holy Spirit’s moving in your heart and be obedient to how He leads you to spend time with Him. Here are a few ideas!
- Host a small prayer group in your home
- Spend some time outdoors reflecting on the beauty of God’s creation
- If you don’t know of any other small group Bible studies, start one of your own!
- Spend the summer studying, meditating on, and memorizing a particular book of the Bible
- Journal what you hear Jesus speaking to your heart throughout the day
Summer slump, or summer growth? Which one would you prefer?