Reflecting today on an amazing night at our first Truth or Dare event. I’m so grateful for all who helped pull off such a great evening. And am amazed by the 806 women who were there! It’s so fun when all campuses come together. Praying for God to continue to speak truth and minister His grace to all who attended.
Here are some things etched in my mind from last night:
- Hundreds of women flooding into that room when the doors opened.
- The chatter of that many women!
- Women who took dares to stuff marshmallows in their mouth and sing, put on make-up blindfolded, eat lemons and smile, spin around while looking up at the baseball bat they were holding above their heads (Pics to follow)
- Funny stories of women who chose to share a truth about themselves!
- Testimonies from women Jesus has healed!
- Truths shared from a panel of wise and funny women.
- Worshiping with 800 women.
- Favorite thing: Women being set FREE!
I love the Church and am thankful for the privilege of standing shoulder to shoulder with sisters in Christ. “You shall know the TRUTH and the TRUTH will set you FREE.” Jesus is the TRUTH! We heard through four powerful testimonies from everyday women in our church of God’s love, forgiveness, redemption, and restoration through Jesus. The gospel is HOPE for a world that is desperately hurting.
Do you know someone who needs to hear the hope of the gospel? I’m praying that the women of Long Hollow will be known by the love we have for one another and that we are women on mission to share the hope of the gospel we those we come in contact with.
New studies starting this week:
Do you want to know how to be the woman God created you to be? Divine Design, an 8-week study on Biblical Womanhood begins Tuesday, September 11th at 9:30 in Room 147. Join them next week if you missed today’s meeting!
Have you ever wondered, “Does God really love me? Do I really matter to him?” HE LOVES YOU. As a matter of fact, God loves you just as much as he loves His own Son. Embraced by God is a 9-week study that begins Wednesday from 6:15-7:30 in Room 240.